Having trouble filling your open positions? In these fun and engaging class, you’ll learn best practices, tips and practical techniques for attracting quality people, effective onboarding, building strong employee relations, and sustaining engagement and retention in your company. See individual session descriptions below.
May 14: Discipline & Documentation
In today’s litigious times, managers are hesitant, if not outright fearful and to give employees direct feedback on their performance and move them forward into disciplinary action as needed. In this session, attendees will learn to master effective ways to give constructive timely feedback, document these important conversations, and determine the next steps in the event you need to release the employee and the organization from further problems.
Attendees will learn:
• Initiate a two-way feedback relationship with each employeee
• Communicate difficult messages
• Practice new ways to give corrective feedback
• Document job performance
• Create disciplinary documentation
• Conduct corrective discussions
June 18: Managing the Employee Life Cycle
Learn how to apply the innovative Employee Life Cycle™ model to supervise in harmony with your employees. Integrate your current management tools and methods with each employee's life cycle to improve your employees' morale, productivity and retention. From hire to retire, you can maximize how you supervise, meet the needs of your people and get the business results you seek. This practical, high content program is a must for every supervisor.
Participants Will Learn:
• The 7 core phases of the Employee Life Cycle™
• Employment and interview strategies to attract and select the best applicants
• How to orient and train your employees so they become part of your organization
• Ways to meet employees' needs with tried-and-true feedback, reward and recognition methods
• How to offer employees challenges as retention and development tools
• How to create recruiters out of the employees that leave your organization