Hotline: (952) 858-8222

MHA's landlord/tenant hotline provides pre-recorded information on security deposits, leases, giving notice, discrimination and other topics related to rental statutes and rights. If your question is not answered within the recording, you may leave a message and one of our knowledgeable volunteers will return your call.

FAQ regarding professional rental property management 

Information intended as a brief response to frequently asked questions regarding rental property management in Minnesota. 

CRP's due to all 2020 renters by January 31, 2021

Don’t forget! All rental property owners, managers or operators must provide a Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) to each person who rented from them during the previous year unless the property is tax-exempt.

You must give each renter a CRP by Jan. 31, 2021 if:

  • property tax was payable in 2020 on the property, or
  • you were not required to pay property tax but you made "payments in lieu of property taxes"

Renters need the CRP to apply for the state Homestead Credit Refund (for Homeowners) and Renter's Property Tax Refund (“renter’s refund”).

If you have a lot of renters, you may prefer to use a software product to generate CRPs or to produce your own.

For more information:

(Optional) You may also include MHA’s flyer with your CRPs.

Our Front Desk: (952) 854-8500 for all other inquiries

We are happy to help! Our front desk is staffed from  Monday - Thursday 8:00-4:30; Friday 8:00-12:00.