Featured News & Events
• CRP, Certificate of Rent Paid, 2016, 2016 Landlord Instructions for CRP - Landlords are required to give each renter a completed CRP, Certificate of Rent Paid, no later than January 31, 2017. Renters will need this CRP to apply for a property tax refund. You may also include MHA's flyer with your CRPs (optional).
• HUD Fair Housing Guidance - On April 4, 2016, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) issued fair housing guidance on the use of criminal records by housing providers. We encourage you to read the guidance. An article on this topic written by Donna Hanbery was also printed in the June 2016 edition of the Multi Housing Advocate. MHA has convened a work group to discuss the guidance and its impact on the industry.
• **NEW** MHA's Online Professional Education is kicking off with an online version of the always popular Fundamentals of Rental Property Management in Minnesota: With this online course you will learn the nuts and bolts of property management. The same great information with the added convenience and flexibility. Click here for more information.
• Certified Residential Manager (CRM) 2017 Spring Program now open!
• Certified Residential Maintenance Technician (CRMT) Program now open!
• Independents Day, March 16, 4:00-8:30 p.m. at the Midland Hills Country Club, Roseville. Industry Fair for Independent Owners of Rental Property. Vendor Show & Cocktail Hour, Dinner, 2 Seminars - "2017 Rental Property Market Update," & "Would You Buy This Property? Why or Why Not?" Three panelists will examine actual properties for sale and discuss the pros and cons of each, and share income producing strategies.
• Independents Day Exhibitor Tables - (See description above.) First come, first serve.
• 2017 Presidential Gala - Annual Dinner - Wednesday, March 8th at Golden Valley Country Club. View the invite.
• Working Together Conference - Tabletop Displays - registration now open for exhibitors. Click here for more information.
• Orientation Receptions for New & Prospective Members: May 17, or September 21, 2017. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
• MHA Golf Tournament is August 10th, 2017. Sponsorships open March 2nd, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. Golfer Registrations open May 4th at 9:00 a.m. Mark Your Calendars!
• 2015 Operating Expense Survey - 7th annual survey offers detailed information in Excel spreadsheet format on 38,785 units at 299 properties all sortable by field. Click here for more information and order form.
• Rent vs. Own Discussion: Making the correct decision.
• Frequently Asked Questions regarding professional rental property management.
• Please Update Building Info here to help with our legislative effort.
ONLINE REGISTRATION: To register online by credit card for a class or an event, please click on the corresponding class link in the calendar featured below. You will need to login to complete the registration process. You may start the process by clicking on “sign in” to the right of the MHA logo, above. You will then see "Activate or Create a New Account" on the split screen on the right. The system will prompt you through the process using unique identifiers such as your membership ID number or your preferred email address.
Hard copies of all class registration forms can be found on the Education Page of the website.